County Veterans Service Officer
100 W. Buck, Suite 201-A
Caldwell, TX 77836
Thursday and Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 (noon)
Available help for Veterans
Getting DD 214 Forms
Filing for Disability and Compensation
VA Health Care Card
Veterans Widows benefits
VA and Texas Veterans Land Board Loans for land and homes
VA working with local nursing homes and funeral homes
State Veteran Homes
Department of Veterans Affairs
Regional Office - Waco 1-800-827-1000
Admission Information for Every Public College
Apply Texas (click here)
Texas A&M University
Texas A&M Veteran's Association
Blinn College (click here)
VA Home Loan Centers (click here for info.)
or you may contact them at 888-573-4496
The Veteran Services division of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission is happy to announce the new Texas Veterans Phone App is now available for android and iPhone users. Go to your app store and search "Texas Veterans App."
* The app is designed to provide easy access to the "Veterans Crisis Line" which is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year by qualified responders from the Veterans Administration.
* The "Hotline for Women Veterans" option offers information about VA services and resources available to women veterans.
* The "Connect with Texas Veterans" option allows you to talk directly to a member of the Military Veteran Peer Network to get info on events and services in your area or just discuss your personal issues.
* A new additional button has been recently added to connect you to the "Texas Veterans Hotline." If you are having trouble getting VA health-care services this button will help you find out what options you have.
* One click takes you to the "Texas Veterans Portal" website where you can find assistance, services and benefits.
It is important to note that this app is for nearly everyone: veterans, active-duty military, family members, healthcare providers, volunteers, neighbors, etc. Simply put, everyone ie either a veteran, has a veteran family member, or knows a veteran.