Use enter to open, Escape to close
Burleson County Elections
Elections -External Links

Voter ID

As provided by a court order, if a voter has a reasonable impediment to obtaining one of the seven forms of approved photo ID, the voter may vote by (1) signing a declaration at the polls explaining why the voter is unable to obtain one of the seven forms of approved photo ID, and (2) providing one of various forms of supporting documentation.

Supporting documentation can be a certified birth certificate (must be an original), a valid voter registration certificate, a copy or original of one of the following: current utility bill, bank statement, government check, or paycheck, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and an address, although government documents which include a photo must be original and cannot be copies. If a voter meets these requirements and is otherwise eligible to vote, the voter will be able to cast a regular ballot in the election.

The seven forms of approved photo ID are:

  • Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
  • Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
  • Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
  • Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
  • United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
  • United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
  • United States passport

Accommodations for Voters with Disabilities

During Early Voting and on Election Day you may vote in person on our ADA compliant DUO or,

You may request an application for a Ballot by Mail or,

If you are physically unable to enter the polling place without personal assistance or likelihood of injury to your health, curbside voting is available.  Park in the designated space and text or phone the polling location that you are there and waiting.

Voter Registration
You may come to our office to register to vote. After all information is verified, a card will be sent to you.

In order to be eligible to vote, you need to be registered 30 days before the election. Any time you move, or change your name, you need to notify our office so that your file will be updated and you will be in the correct precinct.

As long as all of your information stays the same, you will automatically receive a new card from us every two years.

Voter Registration Information may be obtained from the Secretary of State’s Office

Ballot by Mail Applications
You may request an application by phone 979-567-2000, stop by and pick one up, or click here for Ballot by Mail form in English or Ballot By Mail form in Spanish that you can complete, print, and mail to 100 W. Buck St., Suite 107, Caldwell, TX  77836.

Ballot By Mail Tracking to track the status of your ballot by mail application or ballot.