Position duties include:
- Case intake – review and determine legal sufficiency of cases; review files for completeness and research current case law;
- Work with law enforcement when additional documentation may be needed;
- Attend dockets, court hearings, and plea bargain negotiations; note: all dockets are in person
- Investigation and preparation for trial, including interviewing witnesses, working with victims, and processing subpoenas;
- Respond promptly to Court personnel, attorneys, law enforcement and victims as to status of cases.
- Felony dockets and CPS dockets
Starting Salary full time position: $70,000 - $75,000, full county benefits including paid health insurance for employee, CLE, State Bar dues, paid holidays, vacation and retirement program
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited law school;
- Must be currently licensed by the State Bar of Texas to practice law and in good standing;
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check; Clean drug test required at hiring
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative on projects with little supervision;
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofreading skills and overall attention to detail;
- Strong calendaring skills;
- Well organized and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment; must be able to multi-task, possess excellent communication skills (written and oral) and be able to work in a team environment.
Or you may apply in person at: the Burleson County Treasurer’s office or print an application from the county website at: co.burleson.tx.us and file it with the County Treasurer’s Office. Please include a cover letter and resume if submitting an application.
Posting date: 01/23/2023
Closing date: when position is filled