Use enter to open, Escape to close
Burleson Co. Government
911 Addressing

Angie Jones
911 Addressing Database Coordinator
100 West Buck St., Suite 303, Caldwell, TX 77836
Phone: 979-567-2007

Office Hours
9:00-12:00, 1:00-4:00 (closed for lunch)

Due to scheduling of out-of-office duties the addressing coordinator may be unavailable during normal business hours.


  • Frequently Asked Questions about the Address Request Form

    Can the paper form be emailed?  Yes, the form can be returned to the 911 Addressing office by email (on form), in person, or by postal mail. Please provide all required information when requesting your address. 

    How long does it take to get an address? Allow up to 5 business days but generally it takes less than 24 business hours to process an address request. Not common, but If road mapping is involved allow up to 4 weeks to complete the process.

    What is a Property ID and where do I find it? The property ID, also sometimes called the parcel ID or R# is available by searching the Burleson County Appraisal District website or on your property tax statement. View this document for steps: How do I locate my property ID?

    How do I get lat/long coordinates? Use these instructions, COORDINATES THRU GOOGLE MAPS, to get lat/long coordinates. 

    Is lat/long coordinates the same as GPS coordinates? Yes, GPS coordinates are most commonly expressed as latitude and longitude

    What is an aerial image? An aerial image is a satellite (overhead) image of the property. Most mapping services offer the ability to use satellite imagery to view the property. 

    What if there is not an established driveway? Burleson County assigns addresses based on the location of the driveway so if there is not an established driveway you may provide the proposed location of the driveway. Please note, after your address is assigned if you change the location of your driveway this may change the address.

    Why would I need a new 911 address if I’m just adding a barn, water well, or other structure on my property? Burleson County addresses by driveway and by structure. You may choose to use only one main address for mailing purposes, but separate addresses are needed for each structure that has electrical or solar power service to it.

    I requested an address but haven't received a response? Allow up to 5 business days but generally it takes less than 24 business hours to process an address request. If you still have not received a response please check you spam/junk folder with your email provider. You can also add to you email contacts to ensure you received email from this office.

Press the enter key or spacebar to expand or collapse the accordion

  • How do I get a mailbox or set up mailing?

    If you have recently requested a new address you should have received an address notification document, you can use this document to set up mailing by taking it to the appropriate post office. Otherwise, contact the Burleson County Addressing office for a verification of the physical address you would like to set up as a mailing address. The post office will require this verification in most cases. Once this verification is issued you may present it to the post office to set up mailing to that address. For questions regarding the location of your mailbox please contact the post office.

    Mailboxes on state highways :

    Why doesn’t my 911 address come up on Google Maps, Apples Maps, delivery services, or other services correctly?

    The PRIMARY function of Burleson County 911 Addressing is to assign a physical 911 address that will help LAW, EMS, and FIRE services locate you during an emergency. 

    All assigned addresses are sent to the Regional 911 Program staff at BVCOG for validation and error checks weekly. The validated data is then sent by the BVCOG 911 program staff to the PSAP (911 dispatch center). The map data that is used to assign your address through the Burleson County 911 Addressing office is what is sent to the 911 dispatch center. 

    Burleson County 911 addressing data is not shared or connected to Google Maps, Apple Maps, or other GPS technology. These companies typically purchase address data from the postal service or other services a few times a year. If the company purchases data that includes your new address then any issues with your address displaying on these services may be rectified. 

    What can I do to try to get your 911 address placement correct on Google, Apple Maps, FedEx, etc.?

    You might choose to look your address up on whichever service you prefer to use. Many of them have a way to use their interactive tools on their website to enter your corrected address and/or location. They do not confirm this with our office directly, nor are they required to share this correction with any other company.

    Another option is to visit government website will walk you through the process in plain simple language to make corrections with commercial map providers like TomTom, Garmin, or Google, as well as Android phones. 

    Why did my address change?

    The Burleson County Addressing Coordinator may require the owner or occupant of a property to change an address for one of, but not limited to, the following reasons:

    • Out of sequence with respect to your neighbors. Addresses need to progress in sequence along the road.
    • Odd number address on even side of the road or even number address on the odd side of the road.
    • Your house is on a private drive with 3 or more other structures accessed off that same private drive.
    • The road name/number designation has been changed.
    • Your address had to change as the result of other address changes.
    • The location of your driveway changed.

Press the enter key or spacebar to expand or collapse the accordion

Addressing Sign Information

If you are interested in purchasing the green addressing sign please call 979- 567-2007 or email to schedule a time to come in and have your sign made. Please note that due to scheduling of out-of-office duties the addressing coordinator may be unavailable during normal business hours to complete a sign request if you do not schedule a time to have the sign made.

Sign cost: $12.00 single-sided - $14.00 double-sided
911 address signs must be purchased in person.
Location: 100 W Buck St, Ste 303, Caldwell (courthouse, downtown)
CHECK or MONEY ORDER only payable to: Burleson County 
No cash. No credit cards. Signs cannot be shipped.
Office hours: 9am-4pm, closed for lunch 12pm-1pm

Addressing Information for Developers (subdivisions, rv parks, multi-unit residential, etc)

Steps to Road/Street Naming in Burleson County for Developers  proposed road names must be reviewed by the Burleson County Addressing Coordinator to determine if the proposed road name follows the Burleson County Addressing Standards and Procedures. Submitting a list of proposed road names prior to submitting the plat for approval with commissioner’s court or city council is advised to prevent delays should the road name(s) need to be changed due to conflicts with County Addressing Standards and Procedures. ROAD NAME PRE-APPROVAL IS NOT SUBDIVISION APPLICATION APPROVAL AND ALL SUBDIVISION REGULATION PROCEDURES MUST BE COMPLETED.

  • It is the responsibility of the developer to request mapping of any newly established roads that are part of a new development/subdivision. All roads must be mapped, named, and go through a thorough validation process before an address can be issued. This process can take 3-4 weeks.
For developments needing multiple addresses please use the Request for Multiple Addresses form.
Other Information

Emergency Notifications! Now you can get voice notifications to either your cell or internet based phone and you can also register to get text and email alerts. Have a Twitter or Facebook account? You can get tweets and alerts on Facebook too!

Emergency Notification System

NextGen911 is here! Updates and upgrades are being made now and changes may need to occur to make sure the information our PSAP has is accurate.