Use enter to open, Escape to close
Living in Burleson County
Permits needed for Construction in Unincorporated Areas of the County

Building Permits
Unlike cities in Texas, the county has no authority to create or enforce building codes in unincorporated areas, nor to require inspections.
  • City of Caldwell residents call (979) 567-3271 for building permit information.
  • City of Somerville residents call (979) 596-1122 for building permit information.

OSSF Permits

On Site Sewage Facility (OSSF) or septic system.  The county requires septic permits on ALL septic systems (new, modified, or repaired septic systems). Permits are available online by clicking here or in person at the Burleson County Courthouse Suite 303.

Floodplain Permits
Because Burleson County participates in the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s National Flood Insurance Program, permit applications and approval of all development within the floodplain are required before construction begins. Development and construction that occurs outside the floodplain does not require a floodplain permit.

Flood Damage Prevention Order
adopted June 23, 2008

Floodplain Permit Individuals

Floodplain Permit for Oil & Gas Development (effective 5-28-2013)


If you are unsure whether or not your property is in the floodplain: Residents of the unincorporated areas of Burleson County may view the floodplain maps at the Burleson County Courthouse, 911 Addressing Office, Suite 303.  You will need a legal description of your property from you Deed to complete a permit application.  The permit application, plans, and specifications of the development must be submitted to this office for review and approval before construction begins.  Additional permits may be required to comply with state and federal regulations for development within areas designated as wetlands.  For information on wetlands regulations see the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.  For information on flood insurance see the National Flood Insurance Program.
  • City of Caldwell residents call (979) 567-3271 for floodplain information.
  • City of Somerville residents call (979) 596-1122 for floodplain information.